Sunday, 2 February 2014

Hair loss

A friend came to see me today and we were sat at the kitchen table when i looked down and saw some hair (which i thought was a bit minging).  I had just cleaned the kitchen so could not understand it.

I carried on talking and saw some hair in my eyes, i pulled it away and touched my head, the next this, half my hair fell out.

Now, i knew i would have hair loss, and it doesn't really bother me, there are bigger things to worry  about, but i didn't realise it would happen as dramatic as it did.

Its a bit like having a spot, you know you should not play with it, but you can not help yourself and each time i touched my head a shower of hair seem to fall down.

I decided to wash my hair and then brush it, not sure why as i haven't brushed my hair for 30 years, but it felt itchy.

I have been wearing a hat most of the night, and i was not going to put these photos on, but then i thought, what is the point of writing a blog about pancreatic cancer and the effects when i am going to hide what happens, and to be fair I'm glad i got to photo 4 and didn't stick to photo 3 for long!


This morning, when i noticed the hair falling






After washing it (the Rooney look) 







After drying it (the chuckle brother look)






after brushing it,  (the breaking bad look)










I did not realise that this would happen all in a day, and the lack of hair makes my ears look even bigger! I am not in pain, and i am not feeling sick. I did say it would not bother me losing my hair and it doesn't but the way it happened is quite symbolic and i think that is what upsets you more than the hair loss its self.  I am not sure if it is just hair loss or if i will also loss my facial hair, if i do I can at least pencil in some large expressive eyebrowes and freak people out in shopping centres purely for  entertainment, or when I'm angry i can pencil them slightly pointy. 

7 comments:

  1. Your a brave man and so inspiring this blog will help others around u maybe coming to terms with hair loss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say "On the plus side, you're now more aerodynamic" but then I remembered about the ears ;-)

    Great blog mate. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When i first read your comment Anthony i thought you put academic!

      Delete
  3. Reading stories like yours gives hope to other sufferers. Such a terrible disease with little support and help apart from learning and gaining information from others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. Acne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful article, So much info given in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website.White Label SEO

    ReplyDelete